Wednesday, August 25, 2004

How to Get a Kitty Hug

If you want to know how to get a cat to hug you, just ask Lair. Good information on a topic I love.

The first challenge to hugging your cat is to find a way of picking the cat up that doesn’t frighten the cat. Most cats will telegraph how they want you to hug them when they approach you, giving subtle hints in their body position how they won’t mind how to be picked up.

And what a coincidence: today’s Word of the Day from YourDictionary.com was “ailurophile.” (Go look it up.)

Maybe tomorrow my neighbor’s cat will give me the time of day. (She usually doesn’t.) Someday I’ll blog about the Siamese Princess and my years of unrequited feline love, and also about the Lady in Red, a red tabby female with black whiskers who likes me. She also drinks out of my hand. (Take that, Siamese Princess.)

But for now, I’m going to sleep. It’s been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!