Friday, September 03, 2004

Bloggers, Bloggers Everywhere

Last night was the first Israeli blogger meet-up. It was wonderful to meet the people behind the blogs and start putting faces to names. We turned out to be quite a cross-section of English-speaking Israeli society (all right, we did have a sprinkling of native Hebrew speakers here and there), and were an almost equal number of men and women. We came from several different countries including the US, the UK, Canada and Israel, though I’m sure more were represented.

We even had a journalist covering the event. Turns out she’s a blogger too and had intended to come anyway, so she had to participate and do her job at the same time. My hat’s off to her, and when her article is posted I’ll post a link to it here ... but only if she says wonderful things about me. (Just kidding! No, really!)

I finally met Allison, Imshin, Adrian of Neither Here Nor There (formerly Expat Egghead), the Rev. Huatou, Celestial Blue and many others. I also saw a friend of mine and his wife for the first time in years. Ah, the miracle of the Internet, the best part of it in my opinion: connecting people. (Sorry, cat-bloggers; Imshin didn’t bring Shoosha. Darn.)

Ra’anana is a beautiful city, the restaurant was terrific and its personnel lovely people. And it was great to have a change of scene, if only for a few hours. I’m glad I went.

I’d write more but I’m exhausted. It’s Friday afternoon, the week is catching up with me and I’ve been awake since 5:00 a.m. (Work started at 6.)

Shabbat shalom. (Finally. Thank goodness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!