Tuesday, December 21, 2004

A Grateful Fish

David Bogner of Treppenwitz posted today ... about this blog. Wow. I’m flattered, I’m honored, but most of all I’m touched. Like many people who have blogs, I started mine as a kind of personal on-line journal, never expecting that anyone would actually seek it out. Nor did I ever dream that it would lead anyone to rethink his or her position on religious matters. So I guess that makes me amazed, too.

I’m feeling a bit tongue-tied at the moment but please let me say this:

David, as you pointed out, we may not agree on everything regarding this topic, but we don’t have to. It’s enough to be able to talk about these important issues in a respectful, open-minded manner without baggage, agenda or preconceived notions. I can’t tell you what a relief it is to know that this is still possible. (In the near future, I hope to post about why I feel this way.)

Thank you, David, for your respect, sensitivity, understanding and insight. Ken yirbu kamokha be-khlal Yisrael (May there be more like you among the nation of Israel).

(And now, please excuse me, folks. I’m heading back to David’s for my Yonah fix.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!