Friday, April 29, 2005

Keeping My Hand In

When I woke up this morning, my left hand hurt. A lot.

Well, actually it was the wrist. Specifically, the left side of the wrist. After a day of this, I’ve figured out even more specifically that whatever’s hurting in there is connected to my little finger. I can still do most things without pain, but try to use that little finger and ... well, best cover your ears.

I’ve got to wonder how it happened. My hand was fine when I went to sleep last night, and it’s not like I was out digging ditches while I slept or something. (At least, I don’t think I was. ...)

So typing is not a lot of fun today. Life says: tough luck. I had to go to work this morning, and my job means quite a bit of typing. Ouch.

A dear friend who knows quite a bit about sports injuries told me I must RICE. That’s an acronym that means: rest, ice, compress and elevate above the shoulder as much as possible. (She recommended aspirin too, for its anti-inflammatory effect.) So I’m typing with a bandaged wrist packed in ice. I guess there’s a first for everything.

Like I said: ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!