Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My First Published Podcast

Want to know what I sound like? Laurence Simon has graciously added my story, and a recording of me telling it, to his 100-Word Stories page.

A Small Act of Defiance
I went on a hike today, and I heard about the bombing attack in Tel Aviv just as I was getting on the bus to go to the meeting point.
During the hike, my old hiking boots fell apart. (Well, I'd had them for more than a decade, and they were cheap to begin with.)
So after the hike, I went to buy new boots with my birthday money.
I bought Caterpillar boots.
Two good things about that:
I get to defy the Caterpillar boycott ... and I get to walk around in shoes with the word “Cat” on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!