Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Tough Decision

It’s important to me to finish what I start. But today, I had to make the most difficult decision that I’ve had to make in a long time: the decision to bow out.

I won’t go into detail here, but I will say this: the project was, and is, something very special. I wanted very much to be a part of it, and even though I’m no longer involved in it, I still support it.

Sometimes, things don’t work out the way we think they will. And sometimes, when that happens, we can’t stick around, no matter how much we would like to.

The decision wasn’t easy by any stretch. I agonized over it for days. But today I did what I felt I had to do in order to preserve my own health and sanity.

It’s a disappointment, but that’s the way life is sometimes. I’m fine, and I’ll get over it.

Sigh.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!