Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Pain

Since I am sick and home from work today, I could hear the car that goes around periodically in my neighborhood, announcing various events through loudspeakers. Usually these events are of Haredi interest, but today the announcement was for everyone:

“Funeral services for the holy martyrs, Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg and his wife Rivkah, will take place on the Mount of Olives at three o’clock this afternoon. Let the whole House of Israel mourn the conflagration that God has kindled” [Leviticus 10:6].

My throat hurts terribly and I can barely speak. I don’t think it’s just because I have a cold, or whatever bug happens to be going around.

Treppenwitz.

Seraphic Secret.

They say it much better than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!