Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Photos from Florida

I’m still working on the memorial post for my father. Until it’s done, here are some photos that I took in Florida and above the earth as we flew.

The moon above the treetops:

Treetops and moon

A manatee surfaces:

Surfacing

Takeoff:

Takeoff

Landing:

Landing

Spread wings:

With wings spread

A squirrel:

Squirrel

Flight below the clouds:

Flight below the clouds

Flight above the clouds:

Clouds, aircraft, sunbeam

The city as seen from above:

City below 7

Mirror image:

Mirror image

My father used to tell me when I was a child: “The way to get good pictures is to squeeze the shutter slowly and gently.”

He had a lot of wise sayings, my father. Here’s another: “The fish would never get caught if it didn’t open its mouth.” I couldn’t help thinking of it as I watched people fishing on the bayou.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!