Monday, June 21, 2010

Little Blogger Makes the Big Time

I remember the day I took this photo very well.

Facing the women's section

I was on a bus coming from a tour of the City of David the Passover before last. My traveling companion was an American woman who needed directions, and since I wasn’t pressed for time that day, I offered to guide her to the next leg of her journey.

The full blog post about that ride is here.

I was infuriated to see that security guards were enforcing segregation on the bus, which has not been designated as a segregated bus. I kept my camera out and took some photos, which I published both on this blog and on my Flickr page.

Some weeks ago, I got a phone call from a writer at The Jewish Daily Forward asking permission to use a photo of mine for a story that he was writing about segregated buses in Israel. I said, “Sure,” and named my fee. He agreed, and the photo is running in today’s edition—on the front page!

The article is here.

Tiny little blogger makes the big time. I like the sound of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!