Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Still Blah

I always say I’m too busy to be sick, but apparently my body believes otherwise.

I’m told that some pretty nasty bugs have been making the rounds over here, so I’m not sure whether this is a homegrown bug or something that stowed away with me when I came back from the States. Either way, my voice is just about gone, my head feels like it has a mattress wrapped around it and I’m probably a one-person germ factory by now. I figured it was time to call the doctor and say: This isn’t working; can we try another option, please?

So I called for an appointment only to discover that both my doctor and her partner are at a conference all day today. Which probably means that most of the other physicians who deal with this sort of thing are there, too.

Sigh.

Well, they’re entitled, and anything that improves the quality of medical service is a good thing. So I can’t complain. Not too loudly, anyway.

So my appointment’s tomorrow. In the meantime, I’m missing work, which I actually don’t enjoy doing. But my co-workers really don’t need someone around who sounds like a rusty hinge, has a sore throat and swollen neck making her irritable, can’t focus too well just now and has a germ output that’s likely off the charts.

Come to think of it, I don’t either. I think I’ll go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!