Monday, August 15, 2005

Global Voices

Wow. I just found the Global Voices website. Until about five minutes ago, I didn’t even know it existed.

Let’s see what they’re about. From their sidebar:

Global Voices is an international effort to diversify the conversation taking place online by involving speakers from around the world, and developing tools, institutions and relationships to help make these voices heard.

Hey, that sounds interesting. On their page for bloggers:

Every weekday, Global Voices offers links from bridge blogs around the world in our Daily World Blog Roundup. (“Bridge blogs” are blogs from a country or region that speak to a global audience—see more detailed definition below.) Our editors find many of these links through our aggregator, which tracks several hundred of the most active bridge blogs.

And:

One of reasons we’re so excited about Global Voices is that it’s already helping journalists find new voices to incorporate into stories. If you can help us reach out to journalists, it helps them find the folks we’re featuring on the site ... and helps make the case that blogs aren’t just about technology and US politics.

Yeah, I can definitely get into that. This is what the whole blogosphere is about, right? Connecting people, making their voices heard, yes? Great. I’m all for it.

Oh, how did I find out about Global Voices? Well, I check my referral stats pretty regularly. And I saw that they linked to me. And I’d had no idea.

I guess my post about the birds wasn’t for the birds after all.

Maybe it’s time to learn to podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!