Wednesday, July 19, 2006

... And Pages to Go before I Sleep

I just finished part of the enormous freelance job that I’m doing in my copious spare time. The job is made up of several tasks (joblets?), and the part that I just completed was particularly long and labor-intensive. It helped keep me from obsessing about what’s going on here even worse than I am already. And it felt good to be able to send the finished product off to its destination.

Tomorrow I translate news from the Hebrew press starting at 6:00 a.m. local time. I usually pray for a boring shift, but I guess that’s already been decided.

Here are some pictures of the Tel Aviv beach from my trip there last week:

A sandbar at a Tel Aviv beach

Clear ocean water

Tel Aviv sunset

I pray that tomorrow will be a quiet day, or at least a quieter day, in the north and in the south. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who lives there, and of course with our soldiers in the IDF, wherever they are. May God send healing to the wounded, comfort to the families of the dead, and to our troops: good aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!