Thursday, December 02, 2004

Good News and Bad News

I was originally going to title this post “All Dressed Up and No Place to Go.” Two brand-new radiator units were just installed in my apartment, and now all the radiators here are new. They look great and I don’t have to be afraid of leaks anymore (I hope). That was the good news.

The bad news was that our building had no heat until this morning.

Our pipes had rusted through, and repairs take time. So we had to wait, including through last week’s cold snap and rainstorms. I have a small heater which helped, but made for a shocking temperature change when I went from one room to another.

But that’s all over now. Thank goodness, our building now has heat. Good news indeed ... but the bad news is that our building fee has gone up by another hundred shekels per month in order to cover the cost of heating fuel.

I guess we’re doing our bit to keep things in balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!