Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ouch

So it’s the end of the day and I’m taking pictures of the fennel plant near my workplace on my way home. Here are some fennel seeds that are almost there:

Fennel almost-seeds

These fennel seeds are there. Put ’em in the ground and they’ll sprout once the rains start getting serious (December/January). Or you can make tea out of them, though it’s a lot easier just to buy it in the store.

Fennel seeds

Good so far, right? Well, then I got on the bus, sat down and put my backpack on my lap like I always do. Only this time, something stabbed me in the leg—hard, and with all the weight of my backpack behind it. (It was pretty alarming, actually.) I took a deep breath, lifted up my backpack and found this stuck to the bottom of it:

Thistle blossom gone to seed

For a split second, I thought it was a bug. And I almost screamed. (Thank you, Elisson.) Then I got a closer look and calmed down.

I don’t know why they call it a thistle. They should call it an ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!