Thursday, September 08, 2005

Today’s Pictures

Catnip seeds forming:

Catnip seeds forming

Sunlight on tree bark, through a prism:

Rainbow on tree bark

A Jerusalem parakeet before bedtime:

Jerusalem parakeet

Same parakeet, slightly different pose. I almost photographed its mate, but just as I was raising my camera, all the parakeets in the area (some of which I hadn’t seen) took off in unison and flew to a tree farther away, where they bedded down for the night. It was like clockwork: one moment they were out, calling to each other and flying around; the next moment they were gone.

Jerusalem parakeet

They reminded me of some FM stations I remember from the US that went off the air right at sundown. Good night, parakeets. Pleasant dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!