Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Un-PC Stroller Ramp

This is a stroller ramp located near the Russian Compound in Jerusalem.

Stroller ramp

The Hebrew reads La-em ve-la-tinok—“For mother and baby.”

So I have to ask: What about the fathers? These days plenty of daddies push strollers, too.

I wonder how old these ramps are, actually. I enjoy seeing things like this because they give us a window into the mindsets of a different time, which was actually not all that long ago. Fascinating.

Now, if you want to see something really old near the Russian Compound:

Column

I am not sure about the story of this column. I seem to remember reading that it was in the process of being chiseled out of its surrounding stone and was left unfinished. If any readers know the story, I’d appreciate it if they would leave a note in the comments. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!