Friday, January 26, 2007

Still Flu’d

That is what I’ve got, after all: the flu that is going around Jerusalem. I’ve got it big-time.

High temperature, respiratory trouble (although, thanks to the treatments I’m doing for asthma, I’ve noticed that my airways are much more clear than I might have expected), general weakness and voice almost gone. Not much fun. When I called the doctor who is treating me for asthma this morning and asked him what I should take for the flu, he phoned in a prescription to a local homeopathic pharmacy. I started taking the drops as directed, and they’re helping. I feel a lot better than I did when I got up this morning, even though I’m still nowhere near a hundred percent.

If all goes well, the fog around my head should dissipate over the next day or two. I’m going to take it very easy next week. A relapse doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

Sorry, but no cat pictures today. I just don’t have the head for it right now.

But soon, I hope. After all, what is Elms in the Yard without cat pictures?

Shabbat shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!