Thursday, January 08, 2009

Pictures from Around Town

Here are some pictures that I took during some recent travels around Jerusalem.

First, two photos of the Calatrava Chords Bridge at the entrance to the city:

Chords bridge against a blue sky

I call this one “Arabesque” because it reminds me of the ballet position of the same name:

Arabesque

A wild ring-necked parakeet happily munching on dates straight from the date palm:

A parakeet in a date palm

(You can see a clearer view of the parakeet here.)

Finally, when I went to a government building on an errand recently, I saw its flagpole, with its flag unfurling in the breeze against a blue sky:

Israeli flag

Please say a prayer for the soldiers of the IDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!