Sunday, March 15, 2009

Missy, of Blessed Memory

Missy the model

Missy: 2006—March 15, 2009

Very sad news: my friend’s cat, lovable, delightful Missy, has died. The probable cause is rat poison, which people sometimes put out in their gardens in order to deal with pests, with sometimes tragic results. It appears that this is one of those times.

Although the vet worked all morning to save her, despite his best efforts Missy died at around noon today.

I’m in shock. I still can’t get my mind around the fact that I will never see Missy again.

Here are some pictures of her:

As a kitten, play-menacing her older housemate, Her Ladyship:

I'm gonna get you!

Accepting skritches from me:

Skritches for Missy

Waiting for my friend, her human companion, to come home at the end of the day:

Green eyes, blue eyes

Going into hunting mode when something caught her attention:

Missy in the garden

Missy always gave me her best poses. My camera loved her, and so did I.

Rest well, sweet cat. You were deeply loved, and you will be sadly missed.

Barukh dayyan ha-emet. Blessed be the True Judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. If you're a spammer, don't waste your keystrokes. If you're a real, honest-to-goodness commenter, welcome!